Puren AP 49
Puren AP 49
- Hygienic/safe (Non-tainting, non-dusting, monolithic (minimum joints); easy to maintain; microbiologically inert)
- Seamless easy to clean system
- Excellent impact resistance at (6 mm) thickness. Can Handle heavy traffics
- Slip-resistant finish
- Fast Application (Can be applied to 6-day-old concrete/2-day-old)
- Solvent free Low odor
- Water based system with a high level of mechanical, chemical and water resistance.
- Low maintenance
SKU – PACK size
Discription: Puren AP 49 is a four-component polyurethane-concrete floor system. This flowable system is applied at a thickness of 4 – 6 and forms a smooth surface. The thickness is determined by the service and cleaning temperatures and the severity of traffic expected. Puren AP 49 is extremely tough and has many physical properties that exceed those of typical concrete. Puren AP 49 is recommended for conditions requiring the maximum chemical resistance and where a smooth, even and easy to clean surface is required.
Part A – 2.52 kg
Part B – 2.86 kg
Part C – 14.400 kg
Part D – 0.5 kg
- Textile and film plants
- Food and beverage production
- Warehousing and storage
- Confectionery production
- Electronic component manufacture and assembly
- Pharmaceutical production
- Chemical plants
- Dairy and Milk Products
- Freezer rooms & Refrigerated stores
- Bakeries & confectionery industries
- Hotel kitchens
Method of Application
The concrete or screed substrate must be hard, sound and free of dust and other barrier materials such as paint, lime coatings, plaster, curing agents, laitance, adhesive residues etc. that will inhibit adhesion to the substrate.Remove bond-inhibiting materials such as oils, grease, wax, fatty acids, and other contaminants. (This can be accomplished by the use of detergent scrubbing, low pressure water cleaning, steam cleaning, or chemical cleaning. Acids and alkalis can be removed by neutralizing to form a water soluble salt and then high pressure water cleaning).Contaminated concrete surfaces should be mechanically prepared, either by grinding or contained shot blasting equipment or similar, and be vacuumed clean prior to applying Puren AP 49.Concrete defects such as voids, bug holes, excess porosity, and physical and chemical damage are usually filled or repaired prior to the installation of the Flooring system. (Materials such as slurries, mortars, and polymer concrete are used to level, smooth and patch concrete surfaces).
Use suitable primer depending on substrate condition to ensure maximum product performance. Preferably scratch coat of Puren AP 49 is recommended.
The contents of Part A, Part D pigment sachet and Part B of Puren AP 49 must be first mixed together for 1 minute, using forced action, in a suitably sized mixing vessel. The contents of Part C the powder component should then be introduced into the mixed resin and mixed together for a further 2 minutes to create one homogeneous mix.
For flooring applications, the mixed material should be applied to the prepared and primed surface after 24 hours of priming, using a trowel to achieve the desired thickness. As soon as the product has been laid and as work progresses, the surface should be gently rolled with a spiked roller in order to provide an even surface appearance. Do not re-roll later. Drying Time The floor can be returned to full service in 12 – 24 hours at 30° C. Full cure at 28 days.
- Store the container with the lid tightly closed in an upright position, in a cool, dry place
- Keep out of reach of children and away from eatables
- May be harmful if swallowed. In case of ingestion seek immediate medical attention
- Wear eye protection during application. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and if required seek medical advice