D+ Sun Cool Terrace Coat
D SUN COOL TERRACE COAT is composed of high quality acrylic polymer, light fast & weather durable pigments, properly selected & graded fine fillers, additives & biocides. It is used as a waterproofing & protective coating for exterior walls of the buildings.
Areas of Application :
– All types of exterior masonry surface, concrete, cement sand renderings, etc.
– Applicable on china chipes tile also (along with recommended D-Fix Primer Coat).
Features And Benefits :
- Waterproofing : Higher film thickness provides crack bridge ability, waterproofing properties.
- Flexibility : Flexible and covers hairline cracks (uoto 0.5 mm) effectively, thus prevents ingress of water.
- Toughness : Tough film withstands wind driven rain.
- Microbial resistance : Resistance to fungus and algae hence maintains the aesthenic value.
- UV resistant : Resistance to UV hence coating has longer life.
- Low dirt pick up : Very low dirt pick up & can be cleaned easily hence maintains the aesthetics.
- Ease of application : User friendly, easily applicable by brush, roller or spray.
UNCOATED ROOF :
- Sun rays heats up to building.
- Uncoated roof absorbs the heat & transmits into the building.
- The roof temperature can rise about 8 to 20 D during peak summer.
- The internal room temperature raises resulting in distress & higher air – conditioning cost.
COATED ROOF :
- Reflects 90% of infrared rays back.
- Protects the building from getting hot even during peak summer.
- No heat enters the building, resulting in cooler rooms & less air – conditioning cost.
- Protects the building from ageing fiber reinforced waterproofing energy saving of up to 30%
- Your roof looks bright & new with all the above advantages.
Areas of Application
- Use D+ SUN COOL TERRACE COAT directly from the container. Stir contents well before use.
- Apply two neat coats of D+ SUN COOL TERRACE COATwithout dilution by brush or roller at a time interval of 5-6 hours.
- For enhanced protection, apply additional coat of D+ SUN COOL TERRACE COAT on rain lashing walls, chajjas and parapet walls.
- Allow the coated surface to air cure fully for 7 days.
Precautions & Limitations :
- Recommended to be primed with D+ SUN COOL TERRACE COAT Primer only.
- Do not apply when ambient temperature is below 10° C or above 45° C.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or during rains.
3.0 to 3.5 m per litre for 2 coats.
Coverage may very depending upon the texture and porosity of the surface.
Packaging : 5 kg / 20 kg
Technical Specification :
|PH||7.5 – 8.5|
|Specific Gravity||1.30 + 0.01|
|Solid Content %||Min. 52%|
|Elongation %||Min. 60%|
|Water Permeability – Depth of water penetration||6|
|Reduction in water penetration||68%|
|Rapid chloride penetration test –
Penetration of chloride ion
|Algae & Fungal resistance||No Growth|
|Accelerated weathering – 2000 hrs UV exposure||No Defects|
|Tensile Strenght N/mm2||1.5|
|Adhesion Strenght N/mm 2||1|
|Coating Thickness (2 coats DFT) microns||110|